The DAAD Jakarta Office opened in 1990, documenting the long tradition of Indonesian-German ties in higher education.
With a constant increase over the past years of Indonesians studying in Germany, Indonesia is one of the target countries in a joint initiative to attract highly qualified international students and high-calibre researchers. Also universities from both countries show an ever stronger interest in building and extending mutual collaboration. The DAAD has been supporting academic exchange between Germany and Indonesia for decades, providing long-term fellowships as well as short-term research grants, supporting guest professorships and helping to establish university collaborations.
DAAD Indonesia offers, among other things, the following services:
- We offer individual counselling on scholarships available and study opportunities in Germany.
- We organise orientation sessions on higher education, study and research in Germany.
- We participate in education fairs.
- We offer pre-departure courses for holders of long-term scholarships.
- We support DAAD-alumni and their associations as well as Indonesian institutions of higher education, e.g. by organising conferences and the placement of visiting professors from Germany.
Book an appointment for Online Consultation with our team.
In 2020 our office will be closed on:
- Jan 01
- March 25
- April 10
- May 01, 07, 21, 22, 25
- June 01
- July 31
- August 17, 20
- October 29
- December 25