Call for Application
More info about DIES UNILEAD 2023, please download the Call for Application HERE [PDF 596.46 KB]
UNILEAD is targeting higher education managers from developing and emerging countries. The two key criteria are:
- Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, Head of Department
- Task force managers for university reform projects
- Managers of staff development units or programmes
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable. Phone interviews will be organised with short listed candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency.
Further criteria are:
- Applicants are university leaders preferably between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Participants from higher education institutions of the following developing and emerging countries are eligible to apply:
- South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Middle-, South America and Mexico: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama and Peru.
- Northern Africa and Middle East: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia.
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website available HERE
Strict closing date of the application is October 11, 2022, 10.00 am (CEST).
Following information and documents are requirements for an application:
- Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal – using the online-form provided on the website.
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature – uploaded to online-application form as pdf file.
- Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature. The letter should describe and emphasise the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, the future potential of the candidate – uploaded to online-application form as pdf-file.
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (pdf-file).
Should you have further questions regarding this programme, please contact:
Ms. Christine Vajna
Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
C3L – Center for Lifelong Learning