UNILEAD 2023 is now open to apply
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Center for Lifelong Learning (C3L) at the University of Oldenburg (Germany) are jointly organising the sixteenth DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing and emerging countries to successfully tackle every-day challenges.
Call for Application
More info about DIES UNILEAD 2023, please download the Call for Application HERE [PDF 596.46 KB]
UNILEAD is targeting higher education managers from developing and emerging countries. The two key criteria are:
- Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, Head of Department
- Task force managers for university reform projects
- Managers of staff development units or programmes
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable. Phone interviews will be organised with short listed candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency.
Further criteria are:
- Applicants are university leaders preferably between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Participants from higher education institutions of the following developing and emerging countries are eligible to apply:
- South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Middle-, South America and Mexico: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama and Peru.
- Northern Africa and Middle East: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia.
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website available HERE
Strict closing date of the application is October 11, 2022, 10.00 am (CEST).
Following information and documents are requirements for an application:
- Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal – using the online-form provided on the website.
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature – uploaded to online-application form as pdf file.
- Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature. The letter should describe and emphasise the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, the future potential of the candidate – uploaded to online-application form as pdf-file.
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (pdf-file).
Should you have further questions regarding this programme, please contact:
Ms. Christine Vajna
Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
C3L – Center for Lifelong Learning