Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Master's degree: maximum of 2 years
- Doctoral degree: 3.5 years, in exceptional cases 4 years
- Language preparation (German)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Lump sum travel allowance for the outward and return journey of 600 euros per journey
- Book allowance per scholarship year (Master 300 euros; PhD 400 euros)
- One-off study and research allowance of 1,500 euros
- Single initial allowance (Master 375 euros, PhD 500 euros)
- Tuition fee per semester (if charged by university – max. of up to 1,500 euros)
The most important selection criteria are:
- A convincing and well-planned research project which has been coordinated with the academic host institute in Germany
- Academic achievements
Information and advisory centres
To prepare and submit an application on the DAAD Portal, please use a desktop or laptop computer as the site’s full functionality is not available on mobile devices. Technical requirements
Currently you cannot apply for this programme. Please note the application deadline specified under the Application procedure tab.