The research is carried out in cooperation with academic hosts at research institutions in Germany. Applicants choose their own topic of research and their host in Germany.
The fellows receive the amount of 2,500 EUR per month in addition to a number of further benefits.
Number of Scholarships
- mobility lump sum
- payments towards health and liability insurance
- travel allowance
- language grant
- allowance for accompanying family members
- standard allowance for single parents with children accompanying them
- option to additionally extend the research grant, if the fellow is accompanied by children under the age of 12
- research cost allowance
- Europe allowance
- extensive alumni sponsorship
The Selection Committee responsible for reviewing applications to this programme meets every March, July and November.