Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
The German University Foundation DUS started the Medicus fellowship programme for medical students in Germany in 2018. The programme is geared to candidates from non–academic backgrounds, the "first-generation students", as well as refugees. The DUS offers applicants one-on-one mentorship by locally based university teachers in the candidates’ respective subject areas. The programme furthermore includes a number of non-material services such as workshops or a book allowance of 600 EUR as well as a one-time lump-sum payment of 1,000 EUR for the purchase of digital technology to help pave the recipients’ way to academic success and make for easier access to the German labour market.
- students from non–academic backgrounds or
- students with refugee status
admission in a medical course of study at a German university (1st or 2nd semester)
The fellowship are awarded for the duration of the course of study.
- placement with a locally based university teacher of the candidate’s subject area as a mentor
- support of the mentoring relationships by the German University Foundation
- obligatory biannual seminars aimed at developing core skills
- one-on-one personal coaching with a professional coach during the studies
- participation in academic events (i.e. the symposium by the German Association of University Professors and Lecturers, DHV) as well as involvement in relevant networks
- compensation for travel expenses to seminars and other trips in connection with the Medicus programme
- Fellows are entitled to a book allowance of 600 EUR per year.
- Once during the fellowship, 1,000 EUR to purchase digital technology for studies.
Candidates are invited to submit their application including a scholarship motivation letter (1 page at most) detailing their expectations concerning the programme, a resume in table format (2 pages max.), their enrolment certificate, and evidence of C1-level German language skills (or equivalent, DSH exam or TestDaf certificate) as a PDF file exclusively via e-mail to Ms Carina Heuser