The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Center of Lifelong Learning (C3L) at the University of Oldenburg in Germany are jointly organising the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges. In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Strategic Management & Academic Leadership and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
Developed in 2008, UNILEAD is part of the DIES programme (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies), which is jointly coordinated by the DAAD and German Rectors’ Conference (HRK) since 2001 and funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Further information on the DAAD DIES Programme and the DIES Training Courses can be found at www.daad.de/dies/en.
UNILEAD is targeting higher education managers from developing countries. The two key criteria are:
- Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, Head of Department)
- Task force managers for university reform projects
- Managers of staff development units or programmes.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable. Phone interviews will be organised with shortlisted candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency.
Further criteria are:
- Applicants are university leaders preferably between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Application Requirements and Process
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website at: https://go-dl.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead/
Strict closing date of the application is October 13th, 2020, 09.00 am Central European Summer Time.
More information about UNILEAD 2021, please download the Official Announcement (pdf, 155.46 KB)
Contact details of Programme Management
Ms Christine Vajna
Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
Dept. of Continuing Education and Education Management (we.b)/C3L
- beasiswa (1)
- beasiswa daad (1)
- beasiswa ips (1)
- beasiswa jerman (2)
- daad (1)
- daad awardee (1)
- daad indonesia (1)
- daad jakarta (1)
- Intern (1)
- International DAAD Alumni Seminar 2020 in the framework of IFAT 2020 (1)
- Intership (1)
- jerman (1)
- majalah alumni daad (1)
- majalah nadi (1)
- nadi (1)
- Research (1)
- researcher (1)
- RISE Worldwide (1)
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are shifting our consultation online via Microsoft Teams.
Book an appointment for Online Consultation with our team.
In 2021 our office will be closed on:
- Jan 01
- Feb 12
- March 11
- April 02, 05
- May 13, 14, 26
- June 01
- July 20
- August 10,17
- October 19
- November 01