Organised by: SEAMEO RIHED, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies (DIES) with financial support from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany.
The Programme: The tentative programme includes the following:
1) The SEAMEO RIHED-DAAD Seminar with input from the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK). Designed exclusively for participants as a platform to network and exchange with German higher education stakeholders and explore opportunities for future cooperation.
2) Institutional Visit
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- The University of Heidelber
- The University of Hohenheim
- The Munich University of Applied Science
- The Technical University of Munich
- The Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy (Radio Telescope Effelsberg)
3) A cultural programme including a guided tour of the Mercedes-Benz Museum
Who can apply?
- The programme is designed for senior executives and administrators affiliated with Southeast Asian higher education institutions with a strong research and teaching background (especially in the fields of public health, agricultural technology and university-industry linkages), able to assess the cooperation needs and abilities of their home institution and in a position to initiate and negotiate cooperation agreements on behalf of their institution.
Number of Participants
- The group will consist of a maximum of 25 participants.
Applications should include:
- A signed application form (available for download below)
- A recent and complete curriculum vitae
Send your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Application Deadlines and Payment
The application deadline is 20 October 2017 and participation is on a fee-paying basis. After your participation has been confirmed by SEAMEO RIHED, you will be required to pay the fee and sign a Confirmation of Participation form. SEAMEO RIHED encourages all interested applicants to apply early and will notify applicants and confirm participation within one (1) week of taking receipt of completed applications. Payments made up to the application deadline of 20 October 2017 will benefit from the early-bird rate of €2499. Payments made after 20 October 2017 and no later than 20 November 2017 will be in the regular amount of €2799.
What does the fee include?
- The SEAMEO RIHED-DAAD Seminar registration fee
- 6 nights’ accommodation in hotels
- Local transportation by coach in Germany
- Institutional Visits to 5 higher education institutions and the Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy
- Cultural Visits to Christmas Markets and the Mercedes-Benz Museum
- English-speaking guides
- Printed Materials
- A SEAMEO RIHED-DAAD Certificate of Participation
- Coverage of visa fees as well as insurance coverage while in Germany.
All applicants please note:
- If you submit an incomplete application, or do not include all required documentation, the processing of your application will be delayed until the missing information is received by SEAMEO RIHED.
- Submitting an application is not a guarantee of participation.
Application Deadline: 20 October 2017
Early-bird Deadline: 20 October 2017
Payment and Confirmation of Participation Deadline: 20 November 2017
Every Thursday from 13:30 to 16:00, no appointment necessary.
In 2020 our office will be closed on:
- Jan 01
- March 25
- April 10
- May 01, 07, 21, 22, 25
- June 01
- July 31
- August 17, 20
- October 29
- December 25